Friday 23 August 2013

Review - Free Falling by SE Jakes


Free Falling by SE Jakes

My review = A foxy four!

The Blurb

Sometimes falling in love is the most dangerous thing of all...

Blue’s a thief who lives for adrenaline and danger. When he meets Mick, a mercenary and a hitter, he feels an immediate attraction. But Mick reneges on a bet they’ve made, leaving Blue pissed and confused.

When they meet again a year later, Blue’s in terrible danger after having walked into the middle of one of Mick’s jobs. Mick saves him, and although the two men have fallen for one another, they have no idea how to handle that kind of intimacy that's been forced on them. 

But when Mick goes missing on a job, Blue’s the one to go after him, determined to save the man he loves no matter the cost

~~~~~~~~~~~

My Review

This is my first read of an SE Jakes book and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised and entertained. 

I immediately fell for the characters Mick (ex CIA now mercenary) and Blue (career thief) which were a classic case of opposites attract and what an attraction! Whoosh!

When Mick rescues Blue from a situation he makes a bet which he then doesn't follow through on leaving Blue to feel totally irked. They then don’t see each other again for a year but then when they do it is in the middle of one of Mick’s operations which he hopes Blue doesn't get mixed in with, but Blue being Blue, he wants answers and makes his presence known. However by establishing a connection, Blue, unbeknownst to him, pushes himself bang slap in the middle of a tricky manoeuvre that compromises Mick’s undercover case and leads to his disappearance. 

It is at this part of the storyline we get a glimpse of the wonderful character, Prophet. He is an enigma of a man that just draws you in (I can't wait to catch up with him in his own story). 

Prophet instigates a rescue plan to go find Mick that Blue then insists he is the best man for the part to carry this out.

I really loved the plotline of this book, especially the black market sex drug that Mick was investigating and how both men aided the recovery of each other (at separate times) when they were drugged with it. The scenes were so darn sensual and hot!

A good start to a promising series. In fact I went straight on to download Catch a Ghost, which Free Falling is a prelude to. I would recommend this short and sexy m/m read.

******************************************************

2 comments:

  1. Dying to know how you like To Catch a Ghost. I loved it and am losing it waiting for the next in the series.

    Nice review. It's hard not to fall for a thief and a merc, right?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! I ordered on Riptide the other week not realising I can't get till September! I wanted to read straight away. Never mind I don't think I'll be forgetting Prophet anytime soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete