Tuesday 30 July 2013

Review - Seducing Cinderella by Gina L Maxwell


Seducing Cinderella by Gina L Maxwell

Contemporary, Erotic, M/F

My rating 3.75 rounded up to a 4 (sex scenes pushed it!)

This book was not what I was expecting but I enjoyed it overall. It was sweet and kept me interested and the hero was totally enthralling.

However when reading the blurb and I noted he was a tough MMA fighter; I was expecting much more depth, angst, rough and toughness. What I got was sweetness and light.

Reid Andrews is at the peak of his MMA fighting career but after a disastrous injury, he is taking time out to recoup and build his powers back to his peak, ready to reclaim his title as the champ. To ensure this happens, his trainer sends him to an out of town physical therapist. Reid, although unhappy to be out of his usual training camp agrees. But then he finds out the therapist is none other than his best friend’s little sister, Lucie. Although she is not so little now and he finds she has moved on from the little cutie teenager who used to follow him around with stars in her eyes. She has since got married and divorced from a total ass-wipe who has changed her outlook on men. No more will she fall for the opposite of who she is, she will ensure her next husband is one who ticks all the right boxes. This is what Dr Dreamy is but he never looks at her as date material let alone marriage potential. Once Reid finds this out he decides to he can help Lucie by giving her seduction techniques in exchange for her giving him one on one treatment to aid his quick recovery to peak fitness. 

What I liked about this book was the interaction between Reid and Lucie. The sex scenes were explicit and very raunchy. Reid was a total dream man and Lucie a woman who knew what she wanted but sometimes knowing what you think you should have and what you know you should need were playing havoc with her feelings. 

I totally got where Lucie was coming from and how the rejections from the past were a major part on her inferiority complex. I loved how Reid built up her confidence and the way the romance built was sizzling. 

I would have loved to have seen fight scenes in this book, with a lot more depth and darkness. For me it would have added more ambience to the book and given more oomph. Also there was no interaction with her brother, who as Reid’s best friend and in the same business, I would have expected him to come and check up on his friend, unless this is picked up in the next book.

As I say it was a little too light and fluffy for me even with the raunchy sexiness, which was well written. But overall for a debut novel, I enjoyed this read and will be reading the next in the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment