Saturday 11 May 2013


Heaven - Jet Mykles

Contgemporary, m/m
Read March 2013

Rating = 3 stars

My first read of a Jet Mykles book. Plenty of times recommended and plenty of times I waited. Anyway I finally succumbed and I'm sad to say I wasn't as blown away as I thought I should be.

I love m/m and I love rock bands so both together should have been 10 stars huh? Nope. That’s not to say I didn't enjoy it. I did. A bit.

Tyler is the manager of his father’s hotel and is opening a nightclub in it to bring in some much needed business. He hires the mega rock group Heaven Sent for the opening night. Enter Johnnie the horny hot bisexual lead singer, who has the hots for Tyler. Unfortunately Tyler is not gay but hey does that make any difference? What Johnnie wants – Johnnie gets.

When does No not mean No? I think that was the part that irked the pants out of me. And this whole “I'm not gay but you can do me anyway, even though I said no” is getting annoying to read.

Anyway saying all that I can’t say it didn't keep me entertained because yes it did. It was nicely written even if the storyline felt a little rushed in parts. However it was hot and steamy, Oh yes!

I will go on and read the next book if only to find out more about this band. Oh and Luc. He was a promise.

So maybe I was on a funk the day I read this but not a big wowie I was expecting but still enjoyable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment